Dino Explorer SuiteManage your mainframe out-of-the-box
CICS Performance Measurement and Transaction History
CICS Explorer enables the analysis and historical accounting of all CICS transactions, structure all the information on a historical database and provide many information counters. Uses the SMF record 110 as a source.
- Transaction name, type
- CICS name, Jobname, SID
- Program name, username
- LUNAME, terminal
- IP address, service name
- WLM class, report, transaction
- Abend code
- Elapsed time
- CPU time
- Chars sent
- Chars received
- OO java executions
- L8, J8, S8, KY8, KY9… CPU modes
- New approach for collecting the CICS log (real time);
- Intercepts SMF 110 exit-time;
- You can discard the SMF 110 record after use (eliminates I/O operations);
- Data in Mainframe memory only (not uses datasets);
- Does not require any other product;
- Generate Mobile CPU Consumption CSV files to be loaded into IBM Mobile Workload Reporting Tool (MWRT tool).
- No impact on the mainframe workload;
- Historical information on the use of CICS;
- Source to charge-back based on business rules and installation patterns;
- SQL Filters and groups for clustering and correlation of information.
See average, maximun, minimun, standard deviation and a selected field to compare.
Investigate a problem by drilling-down from the moment to discover what transactions and what counters was causing the occurs.
Watch the variation of the CICS transactions along the hours of the day.