Mobile Workload Pricing Management
In order for our customers to fully benefit from Mobile Workload Pricing, we integrated this IBM pricing into AutoSoftCapping’s algorithm. ASC collects information related to the mobile activity and displays this information in graphical form on the user interface. Thus, the customer can easily follow the MSU reduction obtained by mobile workloads.
The new parameter in ASC to manage the mobile workload pricing is called MOBILE. The customer can choose between 2 values:
– No: is the value setting by default. The mobile is not considered and therefore will not be displayed in the graphs.
– Yes: The mobile activity is displayed on the charts and the customer benefits from the savings gained through the mobile pricing.
The command MOBILE in ASC’s monitor works for the entire system, meaning all CPC.
NEW KEY MANAGEMENT
The mobile management being optional, customers need to activate a special key to access the feature. Please engage your sales rep for further
New algorithm allowing to reinvest all or part of the mobile savings depending on the context
– CMP_MAX/CPC_MAX becomes DC MAX
– DC MAX is adjusted automatically depending on the mobile activity
Container Pricing Management
ASC now displays the container activity and customers will be able to reinvest MSUs from some of the container types.
Stacked Graphs Showing R4H by Workload Category
For better readability and easier navigation, we rearranged the tables and fine-tuned our graphs.
CHANGES IN A CPC TAB
We’ve introduced new columns in the CPC tab and renamed a few columns:
– The previously “IMSU” column is now called “Stacked IMSU” as you can now see the stacked iMSUs for all LPARs.
– New “Stacked R4H” where you can see stacked graphs of your mobile and legacy activity
– For CMP customers: Display stacked iMSUS for all CPCs and see the stacked R4H for your CMP environment.
– Follow your costs in MSUs:
o View graphs of your legacy R4H, excluding mobile activity
o View graphs of the billed mobile R4H, which represents 40% of your mobile activity.
o View graphs of your total R4H activity
o View graphs of your costs, meaning the MSU you will be invoiced on your SCRT report.
– Previously called “DC”, this column was renamed “Stacked DC” where you can see the stacked DC of all LPARs per CPC and the stacked DC of all CPCs for your CMP environment.
There were no additional changes made in the “Group tab.
CHANGES IN LPAR TAB
We introduced a new column called “Cost”. Just like for the CPC tab, you can now see how much MSU a given LPAR will cost you in MSU. Additionally, a new link under R4H enables users to see the contribution of legacy and mobile to the R4H.
Finally, new graphs showing the invoiced R4H, the billing and the R4H activity.
New series of graphs on CMP/CPC graph showing the “billed” R4H.
The breadcrumb trail in graph now shows how deep you are into your navigation. User can go back by clicking the links in the trail. The navigation display goes all the way to the service class.
For higher consistency in the graphs colors we are now using a single color declined into different shades depending on the type of data:
– Red for iMSUs
– Blue for DC
– Green for R4H
– Purple for the billing.
This shall help user quickly identify the type of graph they are currently navigating.
BILLING PEAK TIME AND VALUE
The billing peak time and value is shown on every graph of the CPC panel. Furthermore, a reminder of the billing peak in real time has been added on every graph and is refreshed at each interval.
ADDITIONAL SMF INFORMATION
For customers using ASC’s SMF for analytics purposes, we added following information to our SMF record:
– CMP data
– Mobile data
– New parameters (Threshold and mobile)
– Container data